Monday 15 February 2010

3D Object Reference

Once I had established what scene I was using for the project I then had to decide on what object I wanted to animate within the scene. During this time I was drawing up designs for the cargo ships that would appear in the environment project. In using models built for the other project I would not only save time, but it would allow me to use this time to experiment in maya to create a 3D model. I wanted to further my modeling and conceptual skills and this project gave me some time to come up with a design I was happy with. I wanted the ships to be aesthetic and believable. I had looked at present day fighters and bombers to give me an idea of how these craft work as well as giving me realistic human look. I started to draw up a few silhouettes that helped me establish the size and shape of the ships without getting bogged down with detail.  I also looked at star wars as the designs were heavily influenced by the Imperial shuttle.







No comments:

Post a Comment