Friday 19 February 2010

Decals

I was pleased with the final outcome of the texture map I had created in Photoshop. I thought that the worn appearance of the metal befitted the story as well as the environment and its other components. The burn marks looked aesthetic and suggested the amount of energy needed to propel the ship through the air. The sheer scale of the object required engines that burned fuel constantly. The burn marks also suggest that fuel is not being burned efficiently but huge amounts of energy are being produced. The metal is rusty and worn with the constant battering of sand storms and the hostile atmospheric conditions. The group seemed to be very impressed with the texture, however more decals were needed to cover the ship. This would emphasize its commercial use. The Mining companies logo needed to be fitted onto the side of the ship. This would give the ship some identity and it would also suggest that the ship was owned by a very powerful organization.

I created some small decals which I would insert over the image using planes. I would then turn down their transparency. By doing this I could preserve the existing texture while at the same time ensure that the decal was the only image visible on the plane.




No comments:

Post a Comment