Friday 19 February 2010

Final Renders

Once I had finished the textures and decals I projected these onto the ship using planar mapping and transparent planes. I was thrilled when the desired effect had been achieved. I didn't think that the texture map would work. Hours of practicing paid off as I managed to fit the textures onto the model effectively. In some ares the texturing could be improved however, when the vehicle is lit this will help define the whole ship.

I tried to bump map the ship by using an existing texture. However, the result was undesirable and the ship appeared as though it had ripples all over the hull. I need to spend more time using the bump mapping tools to get the desired effect. But for now I am very happy with the result as it has fulfilled the groups expectations and my own. With the textures and decals now on the ship the whole model has now a realistic resonance about it. It not only feels realistic but also appears used and worn from the harsh conditions it works in.

Here are a few renders of the final build.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment