Monday 15 February 2010

Choosing a film sequence

I had a lot problems finding some footage that would allow me to show my animation and lighting skills. Finding a long sequence was difficult. I didn't want the animation to be disjointed with the projects main focus on the film sequence itself. I did take a rather long amount of time to finally decide on a sequence which was usable. I wanted a scene that had good lighting and good composition that also gave me a lot of free space to insert some sort of animation. I think that I took an unusually long time to select a sequence because I was working heavily Environment project that was set in conjunction with this project. Our group had huge decisions to make at the beginning of term due to the scale of the project. I was the lead conceptual artist, so I may have been to preoccupied with drawing up digital concepts of the environment and the features within it. This was bad planning, however this time was not wasted as I produced some very strong designs which the group integrated within the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment